.

-

Friday 10 August 2012

Gig Review... Montego Bay @ The Square, Harlow, 2nd August 2012

Montego Bay are a new band, so new that this was their first official show as 'Montego Bay', what a show we were in for! I have to admit, I did miss the opening minute of the set but from there onwards was still a noble performance from the local band. They opened up with one of their own songs 'Say My Name', like I said, I came into the room one minute into the set but from what I heard it sounded like a homage to Bombay Bicycle Club with the guitar riffs going on. More Bombay Bicycle Club related songs followed with their amazing cover of 'Always Like This'.



The cover certainly got them some fans tonight, just based on that song alone. They played another cover towards the end of the song, a Kooks song; 'Naive'. They are not a tribute band in any shape or form as we found out when they played 'Next Room' and 'Satisfied Not Recognised'. The set was rounded off with one of their newest songs 'I'll Be Fine', and considering it's one of their newest it's certainly got a lot of potential, just like the band themselves! A great set from a band you should keep an eye on!

Montego Bay played:
Say My Name
Always Like This
Next Room
Satisfied Not Recognised
Naive
I'll Be Fine

Follow / [FACEBOOK]
Others / [YOUTUBE]

No comments:

Post a Comment