.

-

Monday 11 November 2013

Introducing... Circa Waves




First impressions are always important for me when hearing a new band and 'Get Away' sounds to me like Circa Waves have hit the ground running! Quick paced and to the point, I think this track is a belter! (although spell-check is screaming at me to change belter I can't think of any better description).


I heard the term "Scouse Arctic Monkeys" used the other day. If this track ends up anywhere near being comparable to the success of 'I bet you look good on the dance-floor' I'm sure these lads would be over the moon. Fingers crossed they maybe take a pointer or two from their Steel City counterparts and don't have all their tracks sounding similar. Worth keeping your ears peeled as recent support for Two Door Cinema Club would indicate big things in the pipeline.

For fans of // Arctic monkeys, The Pigeon Detectives, Palma Violets

Written by Jason Hare




No comments:

Post a Comment