.

-

Thursday 14 August 2014

Introducing... Hi-Tide

Hi-Tide are a Bucks based indie rock four piece from Milton Keynes, band members include Alex Griffiths (vocals, guitar), Alex Guess (guitar), Josh King (bass) and Ali Preston (drums). After forming in 2013 they have gone from strength to strength tweaking their sound to perfection during a busy year of writing, recording and gigging. I first saw the band play live at a small venue in Norwich in November 2013, at the time I had only heard a smattering of rough recordings so I really didn't know what to expect from the MK quartet...I wasn't disappointed. They flew through the set with ease and a swagger picking off songs one by one, their sound was great too psychedelic rock vibes which you could bounce too, what could be better? From this moment I was hooked and I couldn't wait to see what 2014 would bring.


In 2014 Hi-Tide went on to release their début EP entitled 'She's Gone' track listings include 'After Dark', 'M.R.I', 'King Leo' and 'Bumblebee'. After listening to the record my attention was soon drawn to the third track 'King Leo' this is in my opinion by far the stand out track on the record, it encompasses everything that you can come to expect when seeing one of their live performances. Griffiths's slick song writing and vocals on the record really resonate through each one of the tracks in turn helping to round off and lift what is already a stellar debut record, the future is looking bright for the Bucks music scene. (Hi Tide's EP is available on iTunes and Soundcloud).

Written by - James Hunter

For fans of // Peace, Foals, The Kooks

Follow / [FACEBOOK]
Listen / [SOUNDCLOUD]






No comments:

Post a Comment